Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Finally!! I can see the car behind me.
I don't know why HD sold these with such $hitty mirrors on them, and didn't rectify it on the 2016's either.

I guess it's a way to get us to purchase better mirrors from them at "Retail". They make a ton of money on "parts" ;)

Reactions: Hellbilly

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You can use Aftermarket HD replacement mirrors. Just move the Tube Nuts to the new ones.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am starting to believe the reasoning behind the crappy mirrors on our bikes is these bikes were made for Harley's Safe Riding classes, and I remember from my safety class not one of bikes had mirrors, they had all been broken off way before I took my class. So why would they want to put extra $ into taller or more stylish mirrors when chances are they are going to get broken off anyways. I bet if you looked at Harley's catalog the mirrors on our bikes are the cheapest they make......besides new riders are not going to know any better about the crappy mirrors and not being able to see behind them.

my 2 cents.

·
Registered
504 Posts
You can use Aftermarket HD replacement mirrors. Just move the Tube Nuts to the new ones.
That's what I wound up doing ..................HD Extenders PLUS the Tribal Mirrors ................BUT................why should we be forced into a position where we have to correct a blatant design flaw in the rearward visibility? Isn't it all about safety, and safe riding.

I never felt safe riding with the OEM Mirrors!

BTW, does anyone need a set of OEM mirrors? PayPal accepted. Shipped from Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
2 Posts
What did you do? I am looking forward to changing the mirrors as is a must and the only thing pending on my Street. any help or advice will be appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts