Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2018 signals in today and installed, the 2018 version of our bikes had the amber signals come on with the headlights which my 15 does not do from the factory which i like it that way better, but anyways here are the pictures...

Comparison pictures

Now some all together pictures without the front cover on...

With the front cover back on...

I have smoked clear lenses and custom bulbs on the way to completely do away with the ugly amber color on the bike, also you can see the new halo LED headlight i added that’s freakin awesome at night!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What has Harley changed to make them running lights? Is it possible to make the original into running lights?
everything about the new signals is different, the bulbs have a high and low to them and the newer bikes have the wires for them as well, if i wanted the running light part of these work then id have to tap into the running light circuit in the headlight, but the oval shaped signals don't have the option, there is a way that i know to wire them so that the OEM oval ones would do running lights, BUT, it would run the bulbs full time and im not sure if the housing is capable of taking the heat that would be associated with that

·
Registered
55 Posts
Those new signals are much better looking IMO. The original look like alien antenna ? I dumped mine for a more bullet style like those.im debating on converting mine to running lights with turn signal working. I may convert to running by using a blinker genie.

https://www.customled.com/products/...lwUKG599RQmpJkmR6O9_cqxPjJ5j1VPhoCknMQAvD_BwE

Makes much easier to get our two wire blinkers to do this.

All in all, those are much better looking, good install job!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And just to add, my smoked lenses came in...

And for the moment i threw chrome bulbs in them so they light up amber but look invisible when off...

And a before pic for fun...

·
Super Moderator
526 Posts
I Think the OP used Harley Davidson parts for post 2018 bikes on his earlier Street.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts