Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am the proud owner of a New 750 Street in Mysterious Red Sunglo. I just rode it home and love everything about it except the rear brake pedal. My foot wont angle enough to engage it properly. Is there any way to adjust it up so that it will engage sooner?

Tomorrow I will be putting on the Harley Davidson Rear Backrest and Detachable Luggage Rack. If you can give me any Tips or Tricks on installing these items it would be great. It looks pretty straight forward.

Thanks!

Reactions: Rock270

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I want to get the Luggage rack as well. My guess would be to Install the Mounting Bolts first. One at a time. So the rear fender doesn't drop out. Then the Rack should lock in. But I am not sure about the Back rest?? I saw a pic of one, looked like it bolted underneath the seat.

·
Registered
766 Posts
welcome to the family!

there is a lot of cool accessories for our bikes.

as far as the brake pedal, there isn't much adjustment that is allowed.

but there is another member here that got a bit of adjustment. going with a thicker pad may also help, my neighbor changed his out to one of HD's fancier pads they sell and it does seem thicker than the stock pad. it raised the pad surface up 1/4"-1/2" ?

I have thought about taking the entire pedal lever off and extending it up some, by cutting it into and welding a piece of metal to it, but keeping the same curvature.

maybe some one (aftermarket) could make one and sell it to the owners that wish to change it out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had my bike at the Harley Dealership all day yesterday. They bled the brake system and adjusted the brake pedal alll the way out. Didn't help. The service department apologized all over themselves but the end result was we cant do anything else. For now I will try to add some type of rubber material on top of the brake pedal but I just hate that I have to do this to a brand new motorcycle. Other than that I love the bike! Hopefully with all these concerns someone will start to make an aftermarket lever to raise the pedal.

Waiting on a TBR Slip-On

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will take pictures of the back rest with luggage rack and post today.
Harley Davidson Sissy Bar Upright = $79.95
Part Number 52300307
Harley Davidson Compact Passenger Backrest Pad = $49.95
Part Number 52300281
Harley Davidson Detachable Two-Up Luggage Rack = $199.95
Part Number 50300091
Harley Davidson Docking Hardware for Detachable Luggage Rack = $39.95
Part Number 52300285
Total = $369.80

1 - 7 of 7 Posts