Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Street 750 was delivered today. This is my first motorcycle unless you count the Cat minibike I had when I was 12. This bike is used but only has 8 miles on it. I only rode it around the block because I don't have the title yet so it's not registered. I think I'm gonna like it! I definitely want to move the horn and clean up the wiring but I think it will be a good bike for me to start with. :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
welcome

with only 8 miles on it, i'm kinda surprised they allowed it's delivery knowing the recall is now in force, and that the new deliveries are being halted until the recalled fuel pump is actually fixed.

you can buy, they just are not supposed to deliver the bikes until they are fixed under this very very, recent recall notice.

I guess they are considering this a used bike and may not be subject to being held back on delivery to the customer, even though it should be under the recall.

was this bought from a dealer or an individual?

I also must say, that this is the newest used bike I've ever heard of.:)

·
Registered
766 Posts
I didn't get it from a HD dealer it was a Classic Car dealer. Are all 750s being recalled? The letter on the NHTSA site seemed to indicate only ones built from 12 May - 24 June. Mine was built in April.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners...eria.make=H-D&searchCriteria.prod_ids=1977212

Harley-Davidson Motor Company (Harley-Davidson) is recalling certain model year 2015 XG500 motorcycles manufactured January 20, 2014, to June 24, 2015, and XG750 motorcycles manufactured,

"May 12, 2014, to June 24, 2015. "

The fuel pump modules on these motorcycles have a poor seal at the fuel pump inlet

when the original/previous owner gets the recall letter, it states that it is their responsibility to contact the current owner about this notice.

if I may suggest:

call Harley at 1 800-258-2464 ( have your VIN # handy) and notify them that you now own this bike so your name can be updated as per the owner of that particular bike, in their records.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Even the bikes that aren't under recall, still have the same fuel pump assy. PN 61200001. When the new part is issued late September early October, I would switch it out whether it needs replacing or not. peace of mind !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts