Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Maine!

I'm Dave. Been interested in bikes for as long as I can remember, but never took them very seriously until I got here. I'm here for work for 3 years, just finished first year. When I got here, I knew this was going to be a pretty lousy time, so I decided to **** with it, now is as good a time as any to get my motorcycle license. Went to a local school, got my BRC in, and a couple months later went in to a dealership in Bangor and bought my '17 Street 750.

I had only my BRC under my belt buying the bike, but I knew it was what I wanted. That first ride back home was sure interesting. Having bought the bike in September, the season was nearly over by the time I started feeling even remotely comfortable with it. Opening up the new season, I started feeling very comfortable with it very quickly. Though the bike isn't absolutely outstanding, it's very forgiving on a new rider like myself. It's allowed me to build my proficiency without fear of really fucking myself up.

That said, if I had to do it all over again, I'd probably have started with a Sportster, maybe an Iron 883. But what's done is done, and it happened for a reason. This is my Harley. There are many like it, but this one is mine. I'm looking to make some minor modifications to it, mostly just easy ****, like the Stage 1 air cleaner and exhaust from Screamin' Eagle, and a Memphis Shades Gauntlet. Unlikely I'll do anything else to it anytime soon, I just want to get a little more used to the bike, ownership and maintenance wise, before going totally nuts with it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome to the Harley-Davidson Family Dave,wishing you many enjoyable miles.You will find so many great ideas here.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Welcome Dave!

I've own my 750 for three years now. Except for Firebrand Loose Cannon slip on exhaust, I've kept my motorcycle stock. Over 23,500 miles and it just keeps on getting better for me.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Welcome enjoy the ride. As for regrets over a Sporty. Pros and cons both ways the Street is likely to be less problems for you in the long run. Ride the heck out of it.
Then down the road you will have a better Idea what you really want from a motorcycle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts