Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I purchased a 2016 Street 750 in denim black?
I am a new rider and will be taking the HD safety course this April.
Currently I'm watching Twist of the wrist 2.

I am swapping out the mirrors, as I'm 6ft 200# and I can only see my shoulders, I have the left one on now and I am waiting for the right one to be shipped as HD was out of stock. Good news is there is snow on the ground right now so I'm not in a hurry to get on the road.

Anyways this ended up being the bike I wanted and After walking in to HD I almost went with the Sporster 1200T then a super glide, but I'm happy with the Street as my first HD but not my last!

·
Registered
187 Posts
greetings from Philippines. i previously rode a V-Rod, and switching to a Street isn't that much of a downgrade

Reactions: Rick Starr

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome and hello! First bike and first Harley for me also.
Cant seem to stop riding ,rain ,snow , or below freezing!
Ride safe .

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Hello everyone!
I purchased a 2016 Street 750 in denim black?
I am a new rider and will be taking the HD safety course this April.
Currently I'm watching Twist of the wrist 2.

I am swapping out the mirrors, as I'm 6ft 200# and I can only see my shoulders, I have the left one on now and I am waiting for the right one to be shipped as HD was out of stock. Good news is there is snow on the ground right now so I'm not in a hurry to get on the road.

Anyways this ended up being the bike I wanted and After walking in to HD I almost went with the Sporster 1200T then a super glide, but I'm happy with the Street as my first HD but not my last!
Welcome aboard. The Street 750 is an excellent motorcycle for both the newbie and the experienced rider. I will advise you that the Street 750 is actually quicker than the 1200 Sportster and it's something you should be aware of.

Of note if all you're seeing is your shoulders with the mirrors then you don't have the mirrors adjusted right. Motorcycle mirrors are really designed to see the lanes to the left and right behind you and not the lane you're riding in. If you try to adjust them to see directly behind you then all you'll see are your shoulders. People to often think of a motorcycle as a car where you have a "rear view mirror" to see directly behind while a motorcycle is more like the side mirrors on a car where you're looking at your blind spots.

·
Registered
609 Posts
StoneFree South Africa may look small on a map, but it takes up quite a lot of space. Now if you could narrow down an area where Martin might be, I could give you a better answer. LOL

·
Registered
490 Posts
Greetings from up the road north of you in Fredonia Wisconsin.

Will you be making the Thursday night bike ride to the Harley Davidson Museum this summer? If so
I'll be there almost every Thursday work and weather permitting.

Congrats on your purchase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts