Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Living in Stockholm, Sweden!

I got my motorcycle license in 2010, got myself a KTM Duke 690R as a toy; 1 year later it got stolen and I completely lost interest in having a bike. Now, 6 years later I borrowed a 750 Street from a buddy and got kind of hooked. Yesterday I found an ad for a 2015 Street with low milage to a reasonable price. So I bought it. And I love it. The only thing I don't love (don't kill me now) is the slip-on from Speed Merchant. It is way too loud for me, especially since I drive 90% within the city. :)

Looking forward to read and comment in this forum!

Cheers!
Anders

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Anders!

A lot of guys aren't fans of the stock exhaust because it's "too quiet". Not me. I'm more than happy to ride a bike that sounds like a sewing machine. The neighbors don't seem to mind, either.

Mirrors are a big issue on these bikes as are the brakes on the 2015's made in India. There was also a recall on the fuel system you may want to check into. You can find details on all of those things around here somewhere.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome, Anders!

I'm certain you'll find a nearby rider who would be glad to trade you his stock muffler for a reasonable price on a Speed Merchant, so you can both be happy. I don't know how many Swedish riders we have on this forum, but maybe someone will be able to help you out.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't know about speed merchant slip on exhausts. But I put a DQ baffle in my Firebrand Loose Cannon Slip exhaust. Gives me the sound I want without blowing out my ear drums while wearing my helmet. Maybe speed merchant has a baffle that you can add to quiet down the exhaust and still have some tone.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't know about speed merchant slip on exhausts. But I put a DQ baffle in my Firebrand Loose Cannon Slip exhaust. Gives me the sound I want without blowing out my ear drums while wearing my helmet. Maybe speed merchant has a baffle that you can add to quiet down the exhaust and still have some tone.
I went with the loose cannon also,because it does have the option of a baffle. I find the baffle unnecessary though as I take my hearing aids out when I'm riding. :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Oh.....I almost forgot, welcome Anders! My grandparents were from Sweden & Norway. I loved my grandmas Lefse & other goodies, but just couldn't get into the lutefisk. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts