Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 HD Street
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm a new rider. I purchased a 2015 HD Street 500 a couple of months ago. I'm 5'2, extremely petite, and I have extremely small hands.

I put on a new reach seat, which worked wonders and then I put on the reach handlebars and unfortunately, I still cannot reach the clutch and front brake with all of my fingers....

Does anyone have any idea on what I could do? Adjustable levers? Different Handlebars?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I only use 2 fingers for the front brake. (index and middle). I use leather covers for the clutch and brake lever.
I wear gloves and that seems to help me with reach and support.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
680 Posts
Welcome to the forums @LaurenLawless! It's always good to see new members and new riders around here.

What might help you is pivoting handlebar risers. Simple handlebar risers are blocks of metal that bolt into the handlebar clamp to raise the bars a particular distance when you bolt the bars in on top of them. The pivoting risers allow you to move the bars forward or backwards to get a better fit.

The example that I linked to above is only one option. Even that company has risers in a variety of lengths and styles. You just have to make certain that the clamp works with the 7/8" handlebar clamp on your motorcycles, as some bikes use larger handlebars and thus different clamps.

Reactions: CeeGee

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
680 Posts
Is it possibly a problem with how your controls are mounted? I had that with my Street 750 when it was new. I wound up loosening the mounting bolts and rotating the clutch lever mount a little bit on the handlebars and it made a world of difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wife had the same problem. I took the lever off, heated it with a blow torch and bent it towards the handlebars. Making sure the clutch still engaged fully. Works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 HD Street
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm going to look at this week/weekend with my husband. We're going to try to rotate the levers, then blowtorch if necessary, and if that doesn't work, we'll look into the risers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm going to look at this week/weekend with my husband. We're going to try to rotate the levers, then blowtorch if necessary, and if that doesn't work, we'll look into the risers.
I just got a Road Glide ( upgrade from a Street 500) and I have small hands. I got adjustable levers from Revzilla.com I am sure you can find some for your bike. It made a big difference for me because it reduce the reach.

·
Registered
2015 HD Street
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts