Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a used 750 at my local HD dealership a few days ago and am having a blast on it so far. Changes so far:
Emgo 7/8 T-bars, 6" rise
"Gauntlet" style fairing
Wisamic LED Headlight
12.5" Progressive 412 shocks

Came with the Vance and Hines pipe ?

If anyone is around the Las Cruces, NM area I could use some riding buddies! Cheers!!

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you are jumping right in with making the bike your own. Are there any other plans to mod the bike more in the near future?

I've got one of those Wismiac headlights that was given to me by Gaijin. I never got around to installing it because he didn't exactly give it a glowing review. I'd like to hear what you think about it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you are jumping right in with making the bike your own. Are there any other plans to mod the bike more in the near future?

I've got one of those Wismiac headlights that was given to me by Gaijin. I never got around to installing it because he didn't exactly give it a glowing review. I'd like to hear what you think about it.

Thank you for the welcome! And currently I'm waiting on a few small parts to get in and brake lines before jumping into bigger projects. I did see a tank swap to a 3.3 gal 883 tank that I'm kind of interested in though :D.

As far as the Wisamic headlight, I really like it. The city I live in is not very well lit at night and the improvement over the stock light is by leaps and bounds. There are a few small "glare spots" in the thrown light pattern but nothing obnoxious or distracting to the eye while riding. Not to mention it look pretty nice!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked up a used 750 at my local HD dealership a few days ago and am having a blast on it so far. Changes so far:
Emgo 7/8 T-bars, 6" rise
"Gauntlet" style fairing
Wisamic LED Headlight
12.5" Progressive 412 shocks

Came with the Vance and Hines pipe ?

If anyone is around the Las Cruces, NM area I could use some riding buddies! Cheers!!

Did you buy it without the test ride? My H-D dealers will not let it be ridden until the open recall on the brakes is completed. They say the kits are expected in April. So I test drove a sport glide instead. That is a beautiful bike, and so I am about to buy that instead. I was going to buy Street 750 under Freedom Promise, but this year Virginia is not able to legally participate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Yellohj I did do a test ride on it. However because mine is the 2015 model and I live in an extremely dry climate, the corrosion issue with the brake pistons is not very likely to happen. That being said, the 4 piston brake setup is something that I will probably get to, in the rear of the bike at least. Other than that I'm still Loving it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Few small changes to the bike:
2 inch tank lift
3/4" handlebar risers
10 oz. Weighted bar ends
ODI MX V2 ROGUE Lock-On Grips
Roughcraft axle nut covers and seat screw
Tinworks Highway/Crash bar with Derlin sliders
Mirror extensions

And finally got around to cleaning up the wiring up front

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Winter Thank you! And I'm still running the stock clutch cable and throttle lines without any issues with the T -bars. After adding the 3/4 inch riser to the handlebar setup it does make revs go up slightly at full lock to the right but not to an unmanageable degree (I think this could be due to the tank lift bracket pressing against the throttle lines). Been riding with this setup since just before my 4-23 update and couldn't be more happy with it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve taken a punt and ordered some Tbar drag bars, will have to see when they arrive what they mean for my cables.

Did the gauntlet screen fit without any issues? Is it the version with trigger locks that mounts onto the forks? I’m thinking of something similar, I love the look of the original bullet fairing but want something with a bit more wind protection for longer rides. Does the gauntlet tick this box?

How did you do the tank lift? Really keen to do this too.

The final question I’m thinking about at the moment is whether to swap to forward controls or just fit highway pegs...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The gauntlet screen went on fine and yes it is the version with the trigger locks. it does take a little bit of effort to get all four brackets in the right position and I would suggest loctiting everything down afterwards if you do decide to go that route. The only issue I have with the gauntlet fairing after having ridden with it for a few months is that the vibration from the fairing rubbing against the headlight causes micro-scratches on the headlight housing at any point of contact unless perfectly mounted (a strip of electric tape goes a long way here).

As far as the wind deflection difference from the bullet style fairing I couldn't say, when I bought the bike it came with Harley's Quick-Release 25 in. Super Sport Windshield. Absolutely hated that thing, as far as purpose goes it did its job, but didn't do the bike justice. Wind deflection with the gauntlet screen isn't the greatest but it definitely deflects a good amount I can comfortably ride at highway speeds on a nice day without getting knocked around. Directs wind towards the bottom of my helmet rather tan full on into my chest.

And for the tank lft I ordered the bracket off of eBay from MK designs India, $80 shipped. But honestly if you have any type of mechanical inclination or the ability to weld you could probably make your own bracket for around twenty bucks. Mk's bracket comes with the bracket for lifting and another bracket for the tank stay on the frame, so it ends up two inches up and one back.

*be noted that doing the tank lift slightly decreases your fuel capacity, I get about 110mpg before needing to fill up again*

Forward controls I've also thought about, I think it would make the bike feel like when I had an 883, but the mid controls are growing on me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Small update

Swapped out my headlight fairing to the Krator T-Sport fairing, also swapped my front master cylinder, clutch mount, and levers.
And that sweet cafe seat and blacked out the wheels after putting the new Shinko tires on (they've been pretty sweet btw).

Cheers!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts