Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 'Street' bikes got my attention with lower weight, liquid cooling and regular riding position. Today, I got the 'improved' 2016 750 with 3972 miles. I'm looking forward to enjoying this bike. In northern VA we have lots of interstates to get out of town and this 750 will do fine on the highway.
I have no manuals, so.... is the clutch cable riding in teflon? I know from BMWs the clutch cables don't get lubed as they are teflon coated.
Today I will check the dates on the tires.
The owner says he installed a battery charging pigtail. I'll pull the seat and put the battery on the Nocco.
Anyone know of some downloadable manuals?
Cheers,
Bill G

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
680 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That's a nice looking bike. I have the 2016 in red and really enjoy it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad I found this 2016. I didn't want another black one. If not Superior Blue, I would have been happy with the red. Plus, the previous owner added a Two Bros muffler!

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
420 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Nice looking bike!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 'Street' bikes got my attention with lower weight, liquid cooling and regular riding position. Today, I got the 'improved' 2016 750 with 3972 miles. I'm looking forward to enjoying this bike. In northern VA we have lots of interstates to get out of town and this 750 will do fine on the highway.
I have no manuals, so.... is the clutch cable riding in teflon? I know from BMWs the clutch cables don't get lubed as they are teflon coated.
Today I will check the dates on the tires.
The owner says he installed a battery charging pigtail. I'll pull the seat and put the battery on the Nocco.
Anyone know of some downloadable manuals?
Cheers,
Bill G
View attachment 27958
View attachment 27959
I found this for my 2015. I'm not sure if anything has changed. I've got the 750a model not street_rod.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi achilles95- Cheers, from VA to London!
Here's what I wrote to a friend on Facebook.

Suzy - Physically, it's a good fit for me. I shot this photo immediately after rolling the bike off the (rented) trailer. You can see the handle bars are rotated forward. The previous owner, a younger guy, wanted to lean forward. When I got it home, I rotated the handle bars toward me. Instead of leaning forward, I sit up straight. The saddle is 25" above the ground.
This week I'll be adding a larger wind shield.
In July, it goes to District HD in Gaithersburg, MD. They will install a Harley Tune Pack. This muffler is a Two Brothers custom. It flows better than the stock muffler. And it's lighter. I'll install a K&N custom air filter. The Tune will make the proper adjustments to integrate the better breathing of the intake and the exhaust.
I checked a spark plug, to do a 'reading'. It's perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts