Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

New to this

8K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  harleyhoonigan 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Liam, I'm new to riding, just brought home my first bike, the Street 750 yesterday.

#2 ·
Welcome to the asylum. You are going to love the bike. Pictures and what color did you get.

#4 ·
Welcome and please take your time learning to ride safely. The Street 750 is a very powerful motorcycle to learn on so always be careful in your riding. Rider safety always has to be the number one concern.

#9 ·
Nice pick. I have vivid black as well. I agree **** nice bike. Wish the son
Had not stolen it.

#17 ·
I completely agree with your decision. As a Sportster owner I can say that's it not a good motorcycle for a beginning rider whereas the Streets are. I would actually recommend the Street 500 over the Street 750 for a new rider because the extra horsepower really is something a new rider isn't quite prepared for but that doesn't prohibitive for a new rider.

Then again I'm very conservative when it comes to motorcycles and when I learned it took me about 10 years before I broke the 750cc size as I moved up slowly from 70cc to 600cc prior to jumping onto a Z1 Kawasaki in the mid 1970's.

#22 ·
I think a lot of that has to do with people thinking that smaller displacement motorcycles are "wuss" bikes but that's far from the truth. While I wouldn't discourage anyone from purchasing a Street 500/750 as a first motorcycle I'm currently trying to get by "grand-nephew" (my late brother's grandson) that recently turned 21 to get his M/C endorsement. If he does I'll buy him either a Heist from Cleveland Cyclewerks or a Ventura 320i from Johnny Pag as his first motorcycle. Both are small displacement M/C's that are very cool. They're also single seaters to keep him from being tempted to carry a passenger before he becomes a skilled rider.

Heist Images ? Cleveland CycleWerks

Johnnypag Motor Company - Ventura 320i

When he becomes a skilled rider I'll give him my H-D Street 750 Stone Free II chopper that is a tribute motorcycle to my late brother (his grandfather) that passed away last Thanksgiving. That's the plan anyway but I still haven't gotten him to get his endorsement yet. Argh, kids these days. Two free motorcycles and he can't find the time to get his M/C endorsement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.