Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Street 500
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
( AUS)
I am looking getting a new rear tyre for my 500.

I have been looking at the scorchers or commanders, Does anyone have any insight on a decent tyre?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have pushed the Michelin Scorchers pretty hard in both dry and wet conditions with my Street Rod. They have performed flawlessly. I'd put those tires on your bike if you can get them where you live.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have finally got to the point where I have to replace my Street 750 tires, both front and back. These are the original (manufactured 2014 stamp) and my decision was made easier when I noticed yesterday that my rear was not looking like it should. When I sat on the bike my bum was noticeably lower to the ground. I coupled up the compressor and zero pressure registered on the dial. After a while of pumping I got just under 250kpa in and looked for a leak. Valve was okay and no sign of a nail or something in the tire that I could see, so I now accept it is just letting me know it is old age. Fortunately I will get the rear done this month-end and the front next month-end. I must admit that in all types of weather I have not had any issues with the Scorcher.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts