Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, all!

After a long list of different bikes, with the most recent being totaled, I've finally scooped up an XG750.
I've had a big Harley touring bike, a Dyna, Triumph Bonneville, Buell X1 Lightning, and a few others, so I thought it was time for something completely different. When I worked at Harley in the Detail department many years ago, I was responsible for cleaning and storing the Rider's Edge (MSF) bikes, so I rode plenty of the XG500's. I liked the peppy little thing, so it's always been on my list, so to speak.
I've got several mods I want to do with it, and this forum has already been helpful, as I signed up just to find out about that dang flickering oil light. . . :cautious:, but I also found out that someone figured out that Avons could be mounted! I really do prefer them, having put them on my Bonneville and sold to countless customers when I was a Service Advisor at Triumph.

Thanks for all the help so far, and I look forward to speaking with you all more in the future!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

H-D has always seemed to have just a few employees who really "got" the Street family of bikes. I guess you were one of them.

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
525 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Any pictures of your new ride?

·
Registered
2017 Street Rod 750
63 Posts
Welcome! I'm not too far from ya here in Citrus Park, FL. I frequent Pasco county on my rides.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Welcome! I'm not too far from ya here in Citrus Park, FL. I frequent Pasco county on my rides.
Yeah, the Streets aren't the most common around here, so I notice when I see them around. Maybe I'll see you around!

Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Any pictures of your new ride?
As it sits now. I plan on putting the Tuffside "Brat" seat conversion on it, a Daymaker-style headlight on it, as half of my commute is in the dead of night, and changing the tires to Avon tires or a 70/30 Knobby. . . not sure yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Street Rod 750
63 Posts
I have a daymaker knockoff on mine and love it, lights up all of tampa in the morning lol

·
Registered
2017 Street Rod 750
63 Posts
Also, my first investment was a Vance and hines exhaust since the oem is dangerously quiet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, my first investment was a Vance and hines exhaust since the oem is dangerously quiet.
I've lost enough hearing from the military and the exhausts of my previous Harleys. LOL
I'll go with the Supertrapp style Nightstick muffler for slightly louder but reasonable volume.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
805 Posts
Yea, it looks like the same Velocity Red Sunglo that's on my 2016 Street 750. I'm extremely biased, but I think it's one of the best looking color schemes for this bike. I've got a Memphis Shades batwing fairing that will fit either my XG or the Sportster. I'll try to get that on and ride with it next year just to see if I like it and if so have it painted to match the bike.

I like the brat seat conversion @IronSquirrel wants on his. I've thought that if my third bike is another one of these I'll do a scrambler build using that seat, a high pipe, and some ADV bike tires that Perelli sells in the correct size.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the brat seat conversion. I've thought that if my third bike is another one of these I'll do a scrambler build using that seat, a high pipe, and some ADV bike tires that Perelli sells in the correct size.
Thought about something similar, though I might see how close to old school standards I can make it look like. Change the rear fender after the seat is altered, different front fender, maybe a different headlight bucket as well. It's all in the air.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts