Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mirrors are still stock for now, looking into turn integrated mirrors to remove the bulky front turn signals

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Matthew, nice mods, I have the screaming eagle exhaust also, what mod have you done to yours? Did you simply remove the end exhaust cover plate? does it sound a little louder than standard screaming eagle exhaust, I would like a little more noise from mine. Also did this effect performance at all, cheers mate

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Matthew, nice mods, I have the screaming eagle exhaust also, what mod have you done to yours? Did you simply remove the end exhaust cover plate? does it sound a little louder than standard screaming eagle exhaust, I would like a little more noise from mine. Also did this effect performance at all, cheers mate
Once the diffusers are removed on the Screamin' Eagle Night Stick it sounds much louder and has a better, deeper "Harley sound" overall. No performance effect that was noticeable. The process was simple and all the info you need to complete the mod is listed in this forum: http://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum...ications/4242-modifications-street-500-a.html

- Matt

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Welcome aboard. Where are you from and what prior experience do you have?

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
From the central IL area and been riding on two wheels since I got my drivers license. Use to be a sports bike guy and finally come to my senses and joined the Harley group
Nothing wrong with sports bikes (I've owned my share) but the "Harley group" is unique of all brands. No other manufacturer has their own owner's association like HOG and there are many benefits to being a HOG member. There's also a closeness we find on the road as well that other brands don't seem to offer. I pretty much get along with everyone that I meet on 2-wheels but with other Harley owners it's a little bit closer. I'm certain you'll really come to appreciate the "Harley group" even more over time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nothing wrong with sports bikes (I've owned my share) but the "Harley group" is unique of all brands. No other manufacturer has their own owner's association like HOG and there are many benefits to being a HOG member. There's also a closeness we find on the road as well that other brands don't seem to offer. I pretty much get along with everyone that I meet on 2-wheels but with other Harley owners it's a little bit closer. I'm certain you'll really come to appreciate the "Harley group" even more over time.

Recently experienced this always been a sports bike guy, I was stopped at a light and a guy on a street glide pulled up next to me and acted like I was his best friend. I was a little caught off guard but we rode for a few hours and exchanged numbers. Pretty cool

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Recently experienced this always been a sports bike guy, I was stopped at a light and a guy on a street glide pulled up next to me and acted like I was his best friend. I was a little caught off guard but we rode for a few hours and exchanged numbers. Pretty cool
Perhaps the greatest motorcycle marketing campaign in history was the 1960's "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" television commercial. Today it's more like "You meet the nicest people on a Harley."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you tell me how to increase the sound of screaming eagle muffler?
I mean what modification can be done to enhance the sound of screaming eagle ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can you tell me how to increase the sound of screaming eagle muffler?
I mean what modification can be done to enhance the sound of screaming eagle ?
SuperTrapp sells Tune Kit for Nightstick HD part #80881-10 . It fits the Street 500/750 screaming eagle exhaust. It comes with approx. 10 discs, screws, open cap and tool for the current security screw. It can be used to tune the sound to what you like. Of course, just removing everything gives you the maximum possible sound.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The XG750 with new tank bib and Mustang fast back seat. By far the best mod to the bike yet.. Super comfortable, sits farther back, and puts the stock seat to shame overall.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@Matthew,

Where did you get the "tank bib" and how is it attached? Cool seat!

Thanks,

JMB
Received it from Mustangseats.com and it is easy to attach with wraps that go underneath the gas tank and tie at the end underneath the front of the seat. Cheap mod that creates uniqueness to the bike!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts