Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather permitting, how many of you are planning a New Years Day Ride. It would be a great way to start the New Year out right. If you go for a ride, post a picture, not to prove that you went, but so others can enjoy in your ride.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Now that is an idea. Our petrol price goes up om the 6th Jan, so need to empty tank and refill to beat the price increase.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
552 Posts
We're headed into about a week of highs in the 20's and 6" to 1' of snow, so I think I'll pass.

·
Administrator
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thinking of you guys. I am sitting in a pair of shorts, shirtless at 10:30 with the outside temp at 31C, expected to reach 36C later in the day. Snow, what is that?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
552 Posts
I forget whether it was @Solo750owner or @smitty901 used to do a New Years Day ride in Wisconsin. They had sidecars, which helps stabilize the ride.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Not quite the New Year day ride, but rather the last day of 2020 ride. The day was sweltering hot, a typical tropical summers day so I went out for a ride. Took a snap of the Durban harbour/CBD area with a more close-up of a cruise ship in port. What a time to visit a foreign country as the day before on 30 Dec we recorded 17,710 new COVID cases, the highest ever daily total. By late afternoon the sky had darkened and signs of a big storm began. SMS warnings on my mobile suggested severe hail in our area. Evening broke with a severe electrical storm that lasted for three hours rattling windows with the thunder claps. What an end to what has been a crazy 2020 year.

2021 has started today with steady rain, not riding weather I enjoy.

·
Administrator
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Road to work today to start the year out on two wheels. A little cool, but helped wake me up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts