Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all
I am using my HD XG750 2015 from December 2020 and i enjoy having it as my first bike
It happened that previous owner left it parked for at least two years... and now i see the consequences - belt has just been replaced and rear brake cylinder needs replacement too.
I read a lot about specific brakes of 2015 model here, and I was looking for a replacement solution, when
suddenly I found this option:

It says it fits xg 750 2015 model year and it is significantly cheaper than original one. what do you think?
thanx in advance

·
Registered
36 Posts
Stay away from it. Anything made in China is going to be a mistake. Does your bike's master cylinder leak? If it doesn't leak, change the brake fluid to new Dot 4. It says in the owners manual to flush & change every two years to new brake fluid. It may just have too much moisture in the old fluid right now if it's still the original factory installed stuff and the bike's been sitting outside all this time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Stay away from it. Anything made in China is going to be a mistake. Does your bike's master cylinder leak? If it doesn't leak, change the brake fluid to new Dot 4. It says in the owners manual to flush & change every two years to new brake fluid. It may just have too much moisture in the old fluid right now if it's still the original factory installed stuff and the bike's been sitting outside all this time.
[/QUO
This is the problem - I left the bike in the best moto garage in Dubai, asking to check rear brakes. They replace liquid with new dot4 and that's it.... no brakes at all now.
As to original cylinder HD shop said that it is no more in shock and I should search for it on aftermarket.
Really don't know what to do. Will try to pass by custom workshops - maybe they can have a solution

·
Registered
36 Posts
The dealership partsman is mistaken. They are available new from Harley Davidson. Try talking to a different Harley dealership. The previous guy might be lazy, or have some dislike against all the Street Series bikes. There is absolutely no problem getting new H-D parts for anything on these bikes yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealership partsman is mistaken. They are available new from Harley Davidson. Try talking to a different Harley dealership. The previous guy might be lazy, or have some dislike against all the Street Series bikes. There is absolutely no problem getting new H-D parts for anything on these bikes yet.
The problem is that in UAE we have only one dealer and his prices are extremely high. Tomorrow will go there in person.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't know if you have any restrictions on mailorder parts from the USA in your country but I did a quick search for the master cylinder in the USA and New Castle Harley Davidson in Pennsylvania sells them for $71.48 US dollars. This would be a typical price from any Harley dealer here. Is it an option for you to have one mailed directly to you from an American dealership?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could you please check if it is 2015 model? Part number is 41700304. If it is so than ship it from states. And thanx in advance

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
639 Posts
I have to wonder if this wouldn't be a good opportunity to switch to a 2016 style rear brake system. The 2015's suffered from having the brake reservoir in close proximity to the exhaust, thus more likely to heat up and boil. This would fill the lines with very compressible steam causing brake failure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks Propnut, good catch on the model year. I grabbed the 2017 parts book by mistake to find his master cylinder. Let me try again to get a 41700304 this time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Propnut, good catch on the model year. I grabbed the 2017 parts book by mistake to find his master cylinder. Let me try again to get a 41700304 this time.
hi pal
any update?
do they have it on stock?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts