Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow HD Street riders and tyre kickers,
Just bought my Street 500 so that I would stop trying to lane split on my other bike (Buell Firebolt) and to save some money in the “on road costs” part of commuting in city traffic.
Bought the new stead mid-winter when no one else is thinking of riding so price was less inflated. It is one of the “Mysterious Red Sunglo” coloured varieties, bought it off the lot from Frasers.

Upgraded to the 2017 LED Daymaker headlight and have fitted a Ventura rack because HD did not make any riding bags for the Buells. So therefore needed a system that supported the gear already purchased. Actually, bought the Ventura Astro top box kit and although it reminds me of a scooter I rode on holiday’s once, having somewhere to stowaway the shopping, or helmet is great.

Also bought the mirror extension posts, which unfortunately or fortunately depending on your taste preference only come in chrome [https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/mirror-extension-kit] but these numbers keep the mirrors inbound for legal lane splitting 0:)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Steve! There are several of us on here that purchased Street series bikes as economical commuter vehicles.
The mirrors seem to be a big concern for everybody that wants to see behind them. I went with the long stemmed mirrors that move the mirrors out a couple of inches, but the Krator extensions found online seem to be about the best solution.
Having good looking storage is a bit of a problem on this, and for that matter, any motorcycle. Yea, a top case really screams "scooter", but you have to do what you have to do to make the bike work for your mission. It's not so bad if the really quirky stuff can be removed without a trace, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts