Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all….first Harley 👍have changed bars and put the forward controls on and she is really comfortable now…but I recently did a tail tidy and put in smaller, better looking indicators..now I get a load of error codes with the engine light on and she will not start 😵‍💫have tried clearing the codes but they say to get code up on the display and then press again to clear and then turn off bike but the codes will not clear…tried to bump start her but no joy and I was knackered by the time I got home….no joy…anyone had hassles like this before..it’s a 2017 with only 3500 on the clock …any help appreciated…cheers Adrian

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Bandera, Texas
632 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Hill Country. Hopefully someone will chime in shortly with a fix tomorrow issue. Ride often and safe.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
909 Posts
What bike is this? Make and model please?
What are the codes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2017 street 750…….PO691…..P1009…..UO168…Harley Davidson….I have looked up the codes and 1 relates to the fan ..this fuse was blown and have replaced…the others will not clear….but any help will be most appreciated…👍👍

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
909 Posts
Have you gone back over the recent wiring changes and verified that everything is in order? Have any wires chaffed such that they are now grounding to the frame?
Which fuse blew? Did you figure out why the fuse blew and remedy the situation?

Here's what I found on the codes:

U0168 Code - Lost Communication With Vehicle Security Control Module

Possible causes
  1. Faulty Vehicle Security Control Module
  2. Vehicle Security Control Module harness is open or shorted
  3. Vehicle Security Control Module circuit poor electrical connection

Read more: u0168 Code - Lost Communication With Vehicle Security Control Module

P1009 VTD Disabled Fuel Due to Incorrect Password

What I found on another forum was the statement that:
"The ECM and TSM/TSSM exchange passwords during operation. An incorrect or missing password will set P1009(incorrect passwd) or P1010(missing passwd). P1009 may be set if a recent ECM or TSM/TSSM replacement did not follow the correct passwd assignment procedure. If password was assigned correctly, the ECM or TSM/TSSM could be the cause of the code,"

Read more: https://university.fuelmotousa.com/article/harley-davidson-diagnostic-trouble-codes-dtc/

P0691 Cooling Fan 1 Relay Control Circuit Low

Potential causes for this code to set are:
  1. Faulty cooling fan relay 1
  2. Blown cooling fan 1 fuse
  3. Faulty PCM (rarely)

Read more at: P0691 Cooling Fan 1 Relay Control Circuit Low

1 - 7 of 7 Posts