Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any help with this. The bike was running fine when stored in the Fall. I went to start it and no spark. The fuses are good, power on both sides of the kill switch. I only get power to the coil when cranking on one of the four wires to the coil, but not getting any spark ???

·
Registered
13 Posts
You have Power on the Red/Green wire correct? Grey/Blue is Rear Firing, Green/Blue is Front. Those wires run back to the ECM. Grounds being switched by the ECM. Light Green/Brown is the Ion Sense lead. Tells the ecm the Quality of spark.

Obviously the Coil is not being triggered. Possibly a bad Crank Sensor. I would try Unplugging it. Set the DVM to AC. And check the leads for Pulse while Cranking. The Crank Sensor works like an ABS. Through a Magnetic field Pulsing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have Power on the Red/Green wire correct? Grey/Blue is Rear Firing, Green/Blue is Front. Those wires run back to the ECM. Grounds being switched by the ECM. Light Green/Brown is the Ion Sense lead. Tells the ecm the Quality of spark.

Obviously the Coil is not being triggered. Possibly a bad Crank Sensor. I would try Unplugging it. Set the DVM to AC. And check the leads for Pulse while Cranking. The Crank Sensor works like an ABS. Through a Magnetic field Pulsing.
Yes that is where I get the power when cranking it over, red/green wire. I will check the Crank Sensor and see what I find. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I realize this thread is from March but did you find a fix to your problem? When my 500 wasn't starting it was due to a faulty bank angle sensor. Replaced and now it's back to normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts