Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get up this morning and with it still dark find I have no tail running light or brake light. Headlight is good, all turn signals good. With rear signals running off same harness as tail I know it's probably fine.

I'm at a loss, isn't this a sealed light, do I really need a while new housing etc?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I would check the Fuses. Remove the Seat and check the Plugs to see if one came loose. If you have access to a Test Light or Voltmeter (DC 20V range) You can check to see if there is Power going to the Tail Lamp. Positive is Blue and Blue/Red. Black wire is Ground. If you have Power and Ground, Bad Tail Lamp module. Should be covered under Warranty.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once I was done being confused why a fairly new light didn't work I did pull the seat as multimeter came up good at main plug under seat.

Plug was in, but light side snap has a crack so I put the meter on it anyway and sure enough the light side was dead. My solution was a ziptie to tighten to fix. Local dealers are nearly two weeks out for appointments so it'll have to do for now. Still, a whole new housing for a light but I'll let the warranty do it's thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts