Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new on here. Bought a Street 500 a month ago as my first bike. $400 later and before my first payment it's now a pretty cool little bobber. I will be posting a thread with more pics of all the mods but this is the only pic I have on my phone. Mods include: muffler removed and replaced with slash cut tip, 4" lowered black shocks, solo seat, bobbed custom fender, back section of frame removed, mini bullet turn signals, side mounted license plate mount with tail light, 1985 honda magna handle bars painted black, bar end mirrors mounted to bar centers, biltwell grips, front fairing removed, front fender removed. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome mate.
Very interested in seeing the build pics..!

EDIT: in particular, the guard/rear end setup, and the bars(type, where you get them)
thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey everyone I'm new on here. Bought a Street 500 a month ago as my first bike. $400 later and before my first payment it's now a pretty cool little bobber. I will be posting a thread with more pics of all the mods but this is the only pic I have on my phone. Mods include: muffler removed and replaced with slash cut tip, 4" lowered black shocks, solo seat, bobbed custom fender, back section of frame removed, mini bullet turn signals, side mounted license plate mount with tail light, 1985 honda magna handle bars painted black, bar end mirrors mounted to bar centers, biltwell grips, front fairing removed, front fender removed. Thanks for looking!
Looks good ! How'd you get the rear fender on there w no welding?
Looking forward to more pics. This is kinda what I wanna do to my 750
Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the views and the comments guys. The rear fender can be found on ebay. It's listed as a rear mud guard for a Sportster. I had to modify it to fit by cutting off the side mounts, shortening it by a few inches and removing a portion of the rib the runs down the center. I mounted it by drilling 2 holes in it and attaching it through the 2 stock holes in the cross member that sits directly behind where my solo seat ends. The handlebars are essentially 6" mini apes with a bit more pullback. They are off of a 1985 Honda magna that I have in pieces on my garage floor.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thanks for the views and the comments guys. The rear fender can be found on ebay. It's listed as a rear mud guard for a Sportster. I had to modify it to fit by cutting off the side mounts, shortening it by a few inches and removing a portion of the rib the runs down the center. I mounted it by drilling 2 holes in it and attaching it through the 2 stock holes in the cross member that sits directly behind where my solo seat ends. The handlebars are essentially 6" mini apes with a bit more pullback. They are off of a 1985 Honda magna that I have in pieces on my garage floor.

yes, please tell us where you got the longer cables. also did you change out to a longer brake line?
I'd like to get higher bars too and if I do, I'd also plan to get a braided brake line when I do.

I get a kick out of repurposing things too, especially on my bikes.
even though my bikes theme is very different from yours, I admire your imagination and creativity! thanks for sharing it with all of us!
that's what makes these forums so enjoyable and entertaining..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only thing I had to lengthen to fit the bars was the 2 wires that go to the front brake lever. I pulled the brake line grommet that is bolted under the lower triple tree out and the brake line fits fine. Clutch is turned down more than I'd like to fit the line with slack.

·
Registered
766 Posts
ok, thanks!

yeah the two wires are not a problem to extend for me.
my main concern was the brake line, I see there is quite a bit of extra slack on mine.

now if I can find some longer cables.
I'd like to raise and pull back a bit, for a new fitted handle bars.

·
Registered
490 Posts
You can get a clutch cable that is one inch longer than stock. I bought the cable when I purchased the reduced reach handle bars. I would prefer mini apes with some reach back for my Street 750. The 2016 Indian Scout I test drove sells mini apes as an accessory along with 3 different windshield sizes to choose from. It would be nice if Harley would sell a mini ape along with cables for such a conversion for the Streets. I want to keep my street more of a cruiser look and not the cafe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts