Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only got 271miles on this bike and am noticing a noisy rear brake, is that due to the rear pad still
breaking in , will it quiet down with more miles or should I take it to the dealer ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've only got 271miles on this bike and am noticing a noisy rear brake, is that due to the rear pad still
breaking in , will it quiet down with more miles or should I take it to the dealer ?
Mine was dead quiet until I hit 1500 miles and then it started squeaking a bit. I'm hoping that it cures itself.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
It would Help if you could describe the noise. A Squeak? Chirp?

I would try cleaning the Brake Rotor. I just use a bucket of water and a small brush. Each time I clean the bike. And I am always getting some brake dust off the rotor. If its Glazed, Take a piece of Fine sand paper. And polish it down.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have gotten a little squeak on the back brake since I bought the bike new. It is really quiet compared to engine noise so haven't really worried about it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
480 miles here no noise or grindin got some funky dust workin its way onto the tire had to use my heel once to stomp on the brake pedal instead of my toes i think brake pedal needs modifications

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re-reading my owner's manual and came upon this in the brake section.

Harley*Davidson has provided your new motorcycle with the optimum brake pad friction material available. It is selected to give the best performance possible under dry, wet and high operating temperature conditions. It exceeds all regulatory requirements currently in effect. However, during some braking conditions you may experience noise. This is normal for this friction material.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts