Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my Sportster this past Saturday. It was about 0 degrees, and icy. AND I did it with NO helmet (we have a helmet law here). Yes, I am a true rebel.:cool:

Did I mention it was from my garage, 250 feet to my barn? BRRR.:eek:

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Lol you rebel you!

I need to find myself a warehouse to ride in during these dark cold times.

You took her out of storage already?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol you rebel you!

I need to find myself a warehouse to ride in during these dark cold times.

You took her out of storage already?
No, I needed to free up my garage so I could get my Galaxie inside to work on it. Now the bike is in the unheated barn until fair weather, which will most likely be in April sometime.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
No, I needed to free up my garage so I could get my Galaxie inside to work on it. Now the bike is in the unheated barn until fair weather, which will most likely be in April sometime.
Whatchu doing on the galaxie?

Hoping for warmer weather towards the end of march :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
44* today, snow is melting fast. I wanted to ride so bad, but all the deep water holes are now filled with a nice salt brine... not good for chrome and steel. This winter has created some awful potholes, of which some look like they might swallow a bike.

·
Registered
548 Posts
44* today, snow is melting fast. I wanted to ride so bad, but all the deep water holes are now filled with a nice salt brine... not good for chrome and steel. This winter has created some awful potholes, of which some look like they might swallow a bike.
buddy from work rode down to the office yesterday, sunny and 45F LOL. Today, we're having ourselves a snow storm ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
buddy from work rode down to the office yesterday, sunny and 45F LOL. Today, we're having ourselves a snow storm ;)
Snowing like a SOB here today and tomorrow. Single digit temps tonight. The good news is that Friday is supposed to be back up near 40*.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Snowing like a SOB here today and tomorrow. Single digit temps tonight. The good news is that Friday is supposed to be back up near 40*.
yea bout the same round these parts, someone get old man winter a heidy ho, hes clearly frustrated ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I spent 1.5 hours with a 48" blower removing the snow this morning. it ranged from bare ground to 3 foot drifts. It is supposed to be in the low 40s for the next couple days, so that should take care of most of it. Still going to be a while before bike season starts here though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts