Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one I've wondered about.. My fingers in my throttle hand like to go numb, even on fairly short rides. 10 minutes in they're pretty numb. I've made sure I'm not holding on too tight (deathgrip), I've tried adjusting my grip, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I've found sticking my fingers out, flexing them in and out gets the blood flowing into them again, for a little while.
It's not a matter of them getting cold, the weather is good and I'm wearing warm enough gloves. Is this something that will go away as my body gets used to riding?

·
Registered
187 Posts
yeah it'll get less pins and needles feelings as you ride more often. I think of it like developing calloused fingertips when playing guitar.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The stock handlebar seems to **** our wrists out a bit. I think this is a factor. When my wrist is more relaxed on other handlebars I do not feel this. I feel it on this bike, though. Perhaps a different handlebar would help.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My arms go numb....I don't know if it's because I'm big or just the position of my arms being in one place for a long time.....just shake it out from time to time....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Oh, I also meant to comment that I have adjusted the handlebars numerous times to get the most natural fit. This just takes a couple of minutes and some test rides. I still have the stock bars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts