Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be fun if others would check in with the number of miles on the bike
So miles on your Streets?

·
Registered
30 Posts
13,114 miles/~21105 km. Need to adjust Valves already, I can hear them clicking.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I've only had mine about a month. Unfortunately the Weather hasn't been very good. One week of Rain and strong Wind in NJ. Only have about 350 miles. The Majesty I traded had Over 14,400 Miles in 3 years of ownership.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You should be doing that every 5k miles, no?
I first changed the oil at 1,000 miles, then I switched over to synthetic oil at 3,000 (which the dealer recommended), and then did my third change rather early, at about 5,300 miles only after reading in the owners manual that if one has predominantly been driving in cold weather and/or short distances, the oil should be changed sooner rather than later.

My 750 is my one and only means of transportation, so I tend to be extra precautious about maintenance, and am thus a bit apprehensive about really stretching out my oil changes. However at this point, I probably should not change my oil any sooner than 3,000 miles, especially given that I am using synthetic oil.

·
Registered
766 Posts
my street is at 1100 miles, got it may 28th?, this year

my st has 11,000 miles on it and it's a 2006 model :laugh: still like new.

(these are just two of the many bikes I've had over many years.
my first one was in 1965 at the age of 7 :D it was a 50cc Sears Allstate, no kidding!)

·
Registered
367 Posts
You should be doing that every 5k miles, no?
I first changed the oil at 1,000 miles, then I switched over to synthetic oil at 3,000 (which the dealer recommended), and then did my third change rather early, at about 5,300 miles only after reading in the owners manual that if one has predominantly been driving in cold weather and/or short distances, the oil should be changed sooner rather than later.

My 750 is my one and only means of transportation, so I tend to be extra precautious about maintenance, and am thus a bit apprehensive about really stretching out my oil changes. However at this point, I probably should not change my oil any sooner than 3,000 miles, especially given that I am using synthetic oil.

With conventional oils, you're just throwing money away, but it's your call to make. I suggest you look in to what all is put in to oil as well as how it breaks down then make an informed decision.

Bought mine March 29th and I've got 7,xxx miles on it. Had a few weeks on rentals with all the fuel pump bs and a bent wheel.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
What is the Mileage for the Tappet Adjustment?? I remember my Honda Nighthawk 250 was at 600 Miles. During the First Service.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I thought you could go 5,000 miles between oil changes? Now I'm a bit worried!

unless you ride in dusty conditions or heavy stop and go traffic all the time, then 5k miles between oil changes will be fine.

I knew a guy that used regular oil and changed his every 10k miles and he has over 100,000 miles on his ST1300.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What is the Mileage for the Tappet Adjustment?? I remember my Honda Nighthawk 250 was at 600 Miles. During the First Service.
Service manual says 15k miles. Your mileage may vary. Mine's a daily rider, and I do a few miles. Like I said, I can hear mine audibly clicking/tapping and I'm only at 13 and change.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I enrolled in the HOG mileage program a while back.

i got my first patch/pin today...1,000 Hog miles.:)
many more to go....

·
Registered
187 Posts
been raining a lot since i got mine three weeks ago. only filled it up for the second time last Tuesday. 184km on the odometer

1 - 20 of 21 Posts