Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

October 2020 Mileage Challenge

1K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  Lesblank 
#1 · (Edited)
Had several responding they liked the idea of a monthly mileage challenge, so here goes. It's simple, Post a picture of your odometer at the beginning of the month and one at the end. Beginning mileage can be posted anytime after the first day on the month and ending mileage must be posted by midnight the last day of month. If you own more than one bike then total miles on all count (only your miles count, not other rider miles), just have to submit beginning and ending readings for all bikes. I made a quick spreadsheet and will post new list as people enter. So post your odometer reading asap. Any questions or suggestions? Let's have some fun with this. I've got a few ideas on what the "winner" gets, give me a bit to work on my idea. Here a copy of spreadsheet.

Addition: In the event you trade or sell, post a pic of the outgoing mileage and the new bike mileage. If you forget to take a pic of the odometer, then the paper work from the sale which should show mileage would suffice.

a1

See less See more
#3 ·
Worked up a trophy to be posted monthly to acknowledge the winner. Does it look ok? Suggestions? So, who's going to join the challenge. Remember, it's not who gets the most miles in, it's actually who get the most smiles in.

#4 ·
Here are the beginning odometer readings for both of my bikes:

#13 · (Edited)
Just looked at my mileage, right at 350 miles so far this month, just commute miles. Weather has been kind to me so far. I've ridden every day to work. Here's part of my ride home. I normally do take the freeway but needed to get some dog food after work. This is I-10 heading west away from downtown. With schools not being in session, some still working from home and many still not working at all has traffic at less than 50% of it's normal levels.

#17 ·
Tomorrow is going to be hectic for me so I'm posting my ending odometer picture for the month. Not a bad mileage month. I commuted to work every day but 2 or three times and had two short pleasure rides. I updated spreadsheet on first post and will each time someone posts their ending mileage. I'm working tomorrow so might be late getting spreadsheet done.

#21 ·
Congrats to @Lesblank for a good mileage month. Join in on next month's challenge:
Ride safe and often.

#22 ·
I'm out of it. I maybe put 40 miles on the Sportster in October and that was it. Most of the month it was going to the shop, failing test rides, and heading back to the shop. The Street 750 didn't move at all.

Reactions: Lesblank
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.