Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today I'll get to a shop to re-stock my oil supply.
It's a good time to dump the oil. The oil holds by products of combustion. Some of that stuff is a bit corrosive and make deposits. I see the oil change as something like flushing the toilet. It dumps stuff out.
Mostly though the oil looked great as well as the magnetic plug.

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Enrico - Yes, I changed the filter. I had used a K&N 204. I replaced it with a HD OEM. I have ordered another filter to have on hand. it's a Hi Flo 175.
I'm refilled with 15w50 full synthetic 3.3 quarts. I used two brands. One is Shell the other is Yamalube.
These oils are expensive. BUT - I get a bit of a discount at the dealership where I used to work part time. Otherwise, I would probably buy, in the US, from Walmart. It's a discount general store. I would get their 15w50 or 20w50.
And I always use a new gasket ring on the drain plug.
When I do an oil change I always clean the low side of the radiator cover. I spray the dirt with a dilution of Simple Green then just water. It's easier to do this when the cover is off. I'm not that lazy, just old! Tire Liquid Automotive tire Fluid Wheel

· Registered
117 Posts
Since my warranty has expired, I will now repair everything myself.
So I do the service myself.
I repaired and serviced all my cars myself, it's a good thing I don't have two left hands... :geek: (y)
Thank you for the pictures and tips, here we have Louis and Polo where you get everything for the motorcycle unless you need certain parts for a Harley (e.g. screws) you can get them from HD...
greetings enRico

1 - 9 of 9 Posts