Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Since I am out of work at moment I, have been working on a project. That's been sitting for a little while. I'm building a Subwoofer for a PC. Using a 6 1/2" Woofer, 70 watt Plate Amp. In a home built ported box. Got to love PartsExpress!!! Anyway, Stopped at Walmart today. For a couple of minor things. While I was there I stopped into the Automotive Dept. They had the Bosch Distance Plus filters on a reduced price. The D3300 (I use on my 750) was $9 each. Bought the last two. Also found out that the Bosch D3312 (16 Tucson) was also reduced. Bought one of those. I may stop back for more later. Last time I purchased these filters they cost me around $12 each.

I am going back to work. Home Depot offered me a job. Offloading trucks at night. Its only a 4 hour gig. Maybe I can get a partial UI Claim. Until I find a FT job.

·
Registered
231 Posts
What's the difference (besides price) with these compared to the Mobil 1 or the Fram XG series? Synthetic oil filters I am talking about, not the conventional ones...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a Walmart literally 1 miles from where I live. And I can usually buy them there when needed. I tried one on a 15 Tucson 2.4. The D3312. Seemed to work pretty good. As I change my oil/Filter and rotate my tires every 5k. Using Pennzoil Platinum oil(Tucson). The Street gets Valvoline 20/50 Synthetic motorcycle oil. So far I have over 2k(Street 750) since the oil change. And the oil still looks like new.

·
Registered
231 Posts
There is a Walmart literally 1 miles from where I live. And I can usually buy them there when needed. I tried one on a 15 Tucson 2.4. The D3312. Seemed to work pretty good. As I change my oil/Filter and rotate my tires every 5k. Using Pennzoil Platinum oil(Tucson). The Street gets Valvoline 20/50 Synthetic motorcycle oil. So far I have over 2k(Street 750) since the oil change. And the oil still looks like new.
So basically like a extra guard or mobil 1 15000 filter? I have over 5k on my street and 3 times I have changed it.... 500 from the factory oil, then at 2500, now at 5k, and I am getting ready for the cylinder bore kit to make it an 800cc and my turbo >:D ... I already did the tachometer a while back...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used to use Fram filters. That was when they were owned by Allied Signal. Before they got the Black Gripper on them. The Orange ones.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I used to use Fram filters. That was when they were owned by Allied Signal. Before they got the Black Gripper on them. The Orange ones.
I use either the Mobil 1 15k filters or the Fram XG black/gray grippers, they also make them 15k as well...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can only buy certain models locally. The only place I can get the HiFlo version of the K&N is about 20 miles away. Each way.

I figured the Bosch would be found on a BMW or a Mercedes.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is a video done by Goss' Garage on Motorweek about Oil Filters.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Can only buy certain models locally. The only place I can get the HiFlo version of the K&N is about 20 miles away. Each way.

I figured the Bosch would be found on a BMW or a Mercedes.
Look what I found :) And finally I figured it out on my phone... Geez Louise... Stupid application interface...

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Where did you snag those???
What store are we talking about this whole time lol Wally World aka Walmart bka shi++y Sam's club lol I went to a different local one and they had none on clearance like this one.... But the other one I went to was a Walmart automotive service center, so that's probably why nothing was on clearance... I am going to buy enough oil filters for a few years

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe a Regional Thing on the prices.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Maybe a Regional Thing on the prices.
Not sure, but I found 3 more at a different local Walmart... I have enough filters for at least 2 years... Give or take

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stopped at Walmart again today. They only have a couple of Bosch Filter numbers left for $5 each. None of the sizes I need. Did notice they are now selling Mobil 1 filters.

·
Super Moderator
361 Posts
Most Walmart stores carry the oil filters used on my Sportster in both black and chrome, but I haven't found the one for the Street there. They also carry oil.

Another odd place to look for oil and filters, at least here in the Midwest United States, is Menards home centers. Again, I've found the filters for the Sportster but not the Street.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts