Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Less than 300 miles and I have a pretty bad oil leak. Anybody else see this issue?
Not that I've been aware of, and I have over 2,600 KMS on my 2015.

Where exactly is that on the engine and I'll look, but I've never seen anything on mine? :eek:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Less than 300 miles and I have a pretty bad oil leak. Anybody else see this issue?
I've notice a spot or two in my garage only after sitting up for a while.
The bottom side on my motor is a bit greasy and I need to clean it up but that may have to wait till spring.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
There is a Overfill Tube from the gas tank. Runs underneath and just behind the engine. I get a couple of drops once in awhile. Heat expansion inside the tank.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dealer has had the bike since last Wednesday. They ordered a new neutral safety switch on Monday. Hopefully I'll get it back soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All fixed and now it's much easier to get into neutral. I got it on the first try vice 1 out of 10 before.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have issues hitting Neutral from time to time as well.

Maybe in the Spring I'll have them look into this switch too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am also having the same oil leak issue from a 500 miles old Street. Dont find any issue in shifting to Neutral though. Service center has already changed the O rings in the vicinity twice.

Will ask my SVC person to check the Neutral Safety Switch. In the meantime any other ideas why the issue is there?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm leaking oil from the cylinder head gasket. It's a seep, and minor, but when I have it apart to adjust the valves, I'll change out the head gasket, too. Should fix the problem.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but ATM if you are still on here, did your dealer cover the part under warranty? My 2016 has just started leaking oil. Looks to be coming out where the shift link meets the transmission. Only 2500 miles on the bike.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My Rear Cylinder Cover (Valve Cover) Leaked at around 2100 Miles (I Believe it was). Dealer had to order the Gasket and Hardware. Apparently the Bolts get replaced as well. It was dripping on the Belt Guard.

Concerning the Shift Linkage, Had to Tighten the 10mm nut last night. Had all kinds of "Free Play" in there. Now I can feel when it engages a gear. The bottom of the Shift Rod. Where it connects to the Transmission shift lever.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Was it covered under warranty? My dealer has given me problems in the past. Hoping they don't do the same this time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts