Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was browsing through the HD website for parts for new XG750 that I have and ran across some newly-listed Screamin' Eagle Spark Plugs.

ONLY for the new Milwaukee-Eight engines and the (in my opinion) similarly advanced XG models. Nice Justification that our engines are the current State-of-the-Art for HD.

Screamin? Eagle Performance Spark Plugs | Ignition Components | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

I'm not planning on going out to buy $20 Spark Plugs, that are going to be hidden down inside. Not sure the performance of the park plugs will lead me to replace them. Although I DO NOW have the Screamin' Eagle 10 mm Phat Spark Plug Wires. And replaced coil with higher performance Accel coil. (See my garage if you want details.)

Fits '15-later XG models and '17-later Milwaukee-Eight™ engine equipped models.
Harley Davidson Street 500 XG500
Harley Davidson Street 750 XG750
Road King FLHR
Electra Glide Ultra Classic FLHTCU
Ultra Limited FLHTK
Ultra Limited Low FLHTKL
CVO Limited FLHTKSE
Street Glide FLHX
Street Glide Special FLHXS
CVO Street Glide FLHXSE
Road Glide Ultra FLTRU
Road Glide FLTRX
Road Glide Special FLTRXS

Attachments

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I used the NGK Iridium in mine. Don't have it front of me at the moment. Can't remember the number

And the Sumax 8mm wires. Along with the Accel Coil.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I would think that the NGK Iridium plugs would be A LOT cheaper then the HD Screaming Eagle, and just as good. Really ............. do you think you'd feel a difference?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did the coil replacement make a difference at all?I replaced the leads and can't see any benefit other than looks?
I think the coil replacement made as much difference as the plug wires, but certainly cost more than the plug wires.

I would think that the NGK Iridium plugs would be A LOT cheaper then the HD Screaming Eagle, and just as good. Really ............. do you think you'd feel a difference?
The prices I have found for NGK Iridium are about $20 a pair, essentially the same as the Screamin' Eagle. do I think I'd feel a difference-- NOPE. By the time I was paying $10 per spark plug, I would expect good high quality and performance.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
They were NGK CR9EIX. I don't remember paying $10 for each. Advance Auto(By me) sells them $9 each. Amazon sells them $6.56 each. (Add on item).

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice Price.Good to know the part number. Sounds like a great way to go.
Was at dealer, ordering a key, and new spark plugs are on back order with expected delivery in December.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts