Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get the orange bumpers and rails used in the rider training course. There is also a black bumper for the tail end of the muffler. I've called the MoCo and am told the parts are not available to the public. However, I have found used XG500s for sale equipped with the parts. I don't want to buy a whole bike just to get the orange parts for my XG500.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
You could always buy the black engine gaurd Harley currently offers and have it painted black, or contact Harley directly and see if they could offer some insight on those, as most likely they made those parts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We have street at the dealership with the orange crash kit on it. The bikes are not supposed to be sold to the public with the bumpers on it. The whole kit is stamped "NOT FOR USE ON PUBLIC ROADS." Not sure anyone would be the wiser if you painted them black.

Chris

·
Registered
172 Posts
From what I have been told the engine guard wont allow you to fully lean the bike in a curve.... they do sell similar guards now, as for the grab handles in back...?, here at the dealership a guest snapped a grip guard off and we cant order a replacement!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts