Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone else had a laugh or not.

I was being a good new bike owner and reading my manual.

anyway I get to the section on running in my new motor and it states that I have to keep the motor under 5000 rpm for the first 80 km.

now I would love to know how they are expecting me to do that, I think they forgot to put a tacho on my bike.

:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
The tacho is only available on 2018 onwards
2017 :) I bought my XG in 2017 and it is equipped with gear/RPM display

BTW this is also the first model year when ABS was present (mandatory in UE and optional on other markets) . Braided brake lines were introduced year before so I assume that after two years on the market in 2017 the bike finally was not a prototype but a good product :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Lol, I stand corrected. My dealer advised me it was 2018 - why am I not surprised at his lack of knowledge. He even told me it had a 5 speed box and wasn't sure if it had an imobiliser !

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts
Lol, I stand corrected. My dealer advised me it was 2018 - why am I not surprised at his lack of knowledge. He even told me it had a 5 speed box and wasn't sure if it had an imobiliser !
My dealer told me to only use 91 octane gas. It's never been a model that the dealers have been particularly knowledgeable about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Old post, but I bought a Street 750 in 2019 and you have a gear/tachometer screen on the speedometer. If you press on the small selection button..
Cool, I just bought mine this year June 2020 and i can confirm it does have a gear/tachometer screen on the speedometer. i love the bike so far very underrated. I chose it over the Iron 883, but both cool bikes imo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOL my dealer did not even know it had a 6 speed gear box. until I corrected him.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't think they were too bothered about the Street models - nothing has changed :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts