Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

P0374 code

2429 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Rich t (not a biscuit)
Engine management light is on with code p0374 and ideas thanks
Reactions: 1
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I think a friend could help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Devil 1964... I found this info:
P0374 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for "Timing Reference High Resolution Signal A No Pulses". This can happen for multiple reasons and a mechanic needs to diagnose the specific cause for this code to be triggered in your situation...hope this helps..
SCRUB WHAT I JUST POSTED.... (Wrong vehicle) ...... I've just found new info and it appears that the fault code is something to do with the 'crankshaft position sensor'..
The CPS monitors the engine crankshaft position and engine speed. If it fails, usually the engine will not start or runs very poorly. It is a magnetic sensor similar to the ABS sensor and registers when a specific point on the crankshaft/ABS rotor passes the sensor. The most common fault is when the magnet inside the sensor breaks/cracks and thus stops it giving a correct output signal putting the fault light on and generating a fault code.
My guess is that you will need to fit a new CPS..... But I would ask your local HD shop for guidance as I am only giving you an educated guess. Hope this helps....
The CPS monitors the engine crankshaft position and engine speed. If it fails, usually the engine will not start or runs very poorly. It is a magnetic sensor similar to the ABS sensor and registers when a specific point on the crankshaft/ABS rotor passes the sensor. The most common fault is when the magnet inside the sensor breaks/cracks and thus stops it giving a correct output signal putting the fault light on and generating a fault code.
My guess is that you will need to fit a new CPS..... But I would ask your local HD shop for guidance as I am only giving you an educated guess. Hope this helps....
Cheers it has less than 3000 miles on it and it's a 2019 registration
I would try the 'unplug and re-plug' operation and give it a wiggle to re make the connections. If you have some 'electrical contact cleaner' I would give the terminals a blast and reconnect. It may just be a little condensation on the connections, for such a low mileage I wouldn't have thought it too serious a fault.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts