Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I picked up a second hand street 500 which is showing a code. The reader I have says its P1152 with no further information as to what it is and it wont clear. I've taken it to a lot (its currently unplated) to see if there's anything off in terms of operation and it seems to run fine. No weird noises or obvious symptoms. I've tried searching the code online but havent found anything.

Anyone have any idea on what it is?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same code on a 2015 xg750 I just acquired the other day- running a Vance and Hines Fuelpak FP3... having some starting issues I am trying to figure out though

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
121 Posts
Error Code P1152 is defined as Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch Sensor Indicates Rich Bank 2.

Sometimes corrosion will get into the oxygen sensor connection. Might try to undo connection, clean and put some dialectic grease in it. Your fuel pack could also be causing the issue. Check with manufacturer for possible fix.

Possible Causes
Error Code P1152 is usually caused by variable cylinder management system switching from on and off during light throttle conditions, cruising speeds, or when driving on a flat roads. The constant switching causes excessive oil consumption, leading to oil pressure to drop, until it can no longer run the VCM system. Other possible causes include:
  • Faulty Mass Airflow sensor
  • Faulty or leak in Intake Air System
  • Faulty fuel injector
  • Faulty fuel pump
  • Leak in exhaust system, fuel injector or fuel pressure regulator
  • Vacuum leak on engine
  • Fuel pressure too high or too low
  • Faulty or leaking secondary air injection system
  • Faulty PCM (rare)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apologies on abandoning this thread for abit. Finally got it out to a dealer. Apparently it was being caused by the bank sensor. When the tech went to check it, it had been removed I'm assuming by a previous owner. Fixed now and running fine

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
Is that second hand street 500 a former Rider Academy bike? The accessory pack for those includes a tip switch that gets configured to kill the engine when the bank angle is such that the engine guards scrape the ground. I've seen the H-D video on setting up the RA bikes. If it was one, I'm wondering if something didn't get done when it was surplus?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts