Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Can I piggyback on this with has anyone with any color painted the fairing? If so on your own or take to a shop?
depends on how good of a job you want it to be.
there is a you tube video of a guy with a painted front cowl on his street 750. I think it was under "screaming eagle slip on exhaust on a street 500 or 750. his is red with a skull decal.

you could message him and ask how he got his cowling painted.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I thought about doing mine in a flat black same as the bike. I plan on doing it with a can of good quality spray. You know...flat white might be pretty sweet on that black bike too!

·
Registered
766 Posts
if I was to paint my fairing, i'd remove it first, clean it good, then apply many thin coats, one at a time and allow to dry between coats. this will reduce chances of having any runs in the paint.

I have always done something to do personal mods to my bikes, that's part of the fun of owning a bike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I'll spray paint a few objects around the house to get some practice in first. I wonder (and idk if it's even possible) if painting the blinkers/license frame a nice glossy black would give it a nice touch up, at least until I save for a new setup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts