Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently decided instead of shipping my bike to my new place in Oregon I would ride it across the country. 6 days 400-500 miles a day. I currently have 1200 miles to go and I have been avoiding interstates the whole way to see small town USA.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
That's awesome dude!!!!! Wished I could do that or be there too....

Reactions: CorkyF

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Great plan and a great ride. I know you're loving every minute.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has been an adventure, I am now in rock springs Wyoming, after running into a hail storm and high winds I had to turn back for the night and not make it to newton dam in Utah

·
Registered
238 Posts
LOL…..sounds like something you read in a magazine…..they used to test bikes like this…cross country rides, and detail their trip…….

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a machine and very road worthy, I did a little dirt biking with it lol, I have seen some amazing sights and went through the worst nature could offer. It got a little over heated after a sandstorm in Texas and I had to clean the radiator out but great since then

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been stopping at every Walmart to get frog togs but they have been sold out. I have a poncho tucked in my pants under my jacket and garbage bags over my socks (poor mans rain gear) I'm in Ogden Utah now and it's still snowing and raining

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's a machine and very road worthy, I did a little dirt biking with it lol, I have seen some amazing sights and went through the worst nature could offer. It got a little over heated after a sandstorm in Texas and I had to clean the radiator out but great since then
Have you been checking the radiator coolant on the left?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have finally made it home. Many memories made , the last place is my home store in Bend

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trip stats
Miles 3,006
Fuel cost for premium gas $193.45
$30 for food mostly trail mix and jerky
Only had to pay for one campsite which was $15
I had a strict budget to go by or face being stranded

·
Registered
238 Posts
True biker.....lol....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I started I was givin the tip to put a sheep pelt on the seat, due to the high cost I decided to use a bathroom Matt, it works amazing, comfortable and dries super quick and sheds the water. Made for a comfortable dry ride

1 - 19 of 19 Posts