Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I recently bought a 2018 model and am planning to take my girlfriend and kids for a few rides after I fit an HD sissy bar/back rest this weekend.

My question is: are other owners taking passengers and is it comfortable for both the pillion and the rider? Are there any watch outs or tips?

If you have any photos of the bike with a pillion that would be great!

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I took the leap of taking my GF as a pillion for the first time last week. Never had anyone on the back before, but shes grown up around bikes and is very experienced.

Shes about 5'9 and slim and she was comfortable for a good 40 min ride, no sissy bar. In fact she said she barely had to hold onto me! I was certainly comfortable, no photos I'm afraid but I hope this helps somewhat!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the leap of taking my GF as a pillion for the first time last week. Never had anyone on the back before, but shes grown up around bikes and is very experienced.

Shes about 5'9 and slim and she was comfortable for a good 40 min ride, no sissy bar. In fact she said she barely had to hold onto me! I was certainly comfortable, no photos I'm afraid but I hope this helps somewhat!
thanks - good to know. Did you find the power was still ok with the passenger? PS. I have the XG500 model.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - I recently bought a 2018 model and am planning to take my girlfriend and kids for a few rides after I fit an HD sissy bar/back rest this weekend.

My question is: are other owners taking passengers and is it comfortable for both the pillion and the rider? Are there any watch outs or tips?

If you have any photos of the bike with a pillion that would be great!

Thanks in advance :)
I Take Wife on my 2018 XG750A Street Rod all the time. No loss in power or handling and she comfortable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts