Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi HD street Brothers. Greetings from India. I just bought a street 750 and am glad to be part of HD family. I travel frequently and so my daughter starts the Engine and idles it for 10 minutes every week. I just came home and went on a short ride. I have noticed pinging sound from the Engine. The Bike has clocked only 10 kms so far. The only mod I have for my bike is a screaming eagle exhaust. I'm wondering if I can continue to run it, or should I address this abnormal pinging sound coming from the head before riding it. I look forward for some advise in this regard. Thanks.

Satya

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is this simply the engine ticking as it warms and cools?

I don't know that a weekly 10 minute idle does the bike that much good. Perhaps your daughter could take it for a 20 minute ride on alternate weeks to really work the engine?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys,

I called up the service center and was told to not worry about the pinging sound. They suggested to ride the bike for around 60 kms at a stretch and get a fresh fill of gas. The bike has been lying idle for the past month with 13litres of petrol in it. They suspect some contamination in the fuel. I shall get back with an update soon. Thanks for the thoughts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts