Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I extended my handlebars from factory to 16" and did all the wiring and cables and the such. Power to all accessory lighting functioning and seems well. Went to do a test ride now though and bike wont turn over. cranks like its trying but wont kick. HELP!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I extended my handlebars from factory to 16" and did all the wiring and cables and the such. Power to all accessory lighting functioning and seems well. Went to do a test ride now though and bike wont turn over. cranks like its trying but wont kick. HELP!
I had similar problem. Thought the battery had enough amps but I was wrong.. Jump started with a car battery. Maybe this could be troubling you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
I would focus on the kill switch wiring. Ensure that it is pushed firmly to the run position as I guess that some of the early switches could kind of sort of slide to the correct position but not really make contact.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would focus on the kill switch wiring. Ensure that it is pushed firmly to the run position as I guess that some of the early switches could kind of sort of slide to the correct position but not really make contact.
Yeah that too can happen.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did you solder all extension connections? Just twisting wires together and taping or shrink-wrapping isn’t a good idea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts