Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Proper location for rear HO2S connector

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dubrov.ivan 
#1 ·
Hello!

I'm trying to "unmod" bike where previous owner just stuffed all the components back under the seat without properly securing them to their resting place. The side tray (one that houses fuses / relays) is completely missing. The battery cover tray wasn't fastened and wasn't in the right place. There was some Dynojet module (which I removed) causing P1001 (System Relay Coil Low / Open).

The puzzle I am solving right now is where am I supposed to put rear HOS2 connector?

It seems to me that this hole below is the place I should fasten it to:

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Eyewear

However, when put there, it feels a bit weird: it kind of sticks outside and rubs frame a little bit. Also, I watched some videos on YouTube and it feels like it should be located more towards the rear of the bike. This is how I have it now:

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

Is that the right location?

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Let's put it this way... say the main wire harness was never moved. The connector is going to be out of the main and so long is this one end. The jobber that connects to it, you more or less have to sweep that length so as to see where the factory would place it. That, or someone with a 500 sends a photo in of an OEM unmolested side.
Yeah... I think, I roughly know the location, it's the last piece -- does it need to be fastened somewhere and how. Somebody with a photo is what I am hoping for.

Might be the photo, but is that top left frame rail sawed thru or?
It's the photo (it's a bracket welded onto the frame). Luckily, skills of a previous owner (?) ended at the level of drilling holes in plastic, using two-side tape for LEDs and throwing away "unnecessary parts" (hey, but I figured why side battery cover is missing -- they installed battery a bit too big!).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.