Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to share across with those who own or think of owning a street rod some modifications that might inspire you or change your opinion regarding this motorcycle. Performance wise as well and sound wise this is a different animal than stock after stage 1 upgrade and tuning.

Touring wise, I have added the Cortech saddle bags and tail bag that makes this a good option for touring, plus the inflated cushion you can see in the pictures. Only down side is the relatively small tank.

If you like some of the mods I did and have a question let me know how I can help you. I love this bike and you should love yours too, it can give back to you way more than what you have probably payed for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good. Making a bike your own is always cool.
Thank you sir. This is my first motorcycle and only started riding less than a year ago .. you can imagine how special this bike must be to me. Unfortunately there is little content online related to the street rod and the community isn’t as active in comparison to other Harley bikes, so I am trying to do my part.

·
Super Moderator
434 Posts
Unfortunately there is little content online related to the street rod and the community isn’t as active in comparison to other Harley bikes, so I am trying to do my part.
We certainly thank you for your contributions to our community to date and look forward to reports of your coming adventures.

We're a very small bit of the H-D community, thus the limited content online. Last year there was a recall on the brakes for all Street family bikes built from 2016-2019. That was for roughly 42,000 bikes globally. Only 12,000 of those were in the United States. The combined Sportster and Street sales figure for 2019 alone was 46,869 units sold globally, so Streets are obviously the smaller part of that figure.

That means it's up to those few of us who own these bikes to generate the content and keep this community active.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
168 Posts
Thank you sir. This is my first motorcycle and only started riding less than a year ago .. you can imagine how special this bike must be to me. Unfortunately there is little content online related to the street rod and the community isn’t as active in comparison to other Harley bikes, so I am trying to do my part.
I will agree that many Harley and other forums are very active. If you deep dive into the content of most active forums the posts are not related to the bike, but the life that surrounds the bike. I'm on several very active forums and most active discussion is about riding, destinations and being around other riders. Then comes the maintenance discussions. I personally can only read so many which oil is better without getting bored. Then comes the the repair threads. The repair threads is where a lot of knowledge can be gained. With that being said, is why I post riding videos, gear options, miles ridden, etc, to hopefully entice discussions. So, everyone start a thread about your favorite ride, your favorite destinations, your favorite gear, etc, to spark some discussion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts