Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased the fender eliminator frmo Rage cycles.

I received it and unfortunately they forgot to include my load equilizer.. I called them and they shipped it out right away.. ( great customer service by the way)

I watched on Youtube one how to install it stopped me in my tracks..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI-HluXY3Yw

It essentially leaves the back open for rain and all that other good road grime to spin up under there. SO I went on ebay and purchased another fender so I could cut it up a but so I can still have that plastic splash guard.

I want to keep all my stock parts incase I want to go back so cutting and splicing my original parts is not ideal.

I would aslo like to get the connectors so I I can make this more of a plug and play kit rather then splicing or cutting off the connectors on my original. Does anyone know the part numbers on those?

I also order the front clip on LED blinkers for the front and bought an extra set of front makers so I could cut the connectors off those but with the rear it can get very expensive quick the way I am doing it. Once I get everything I wlll take some detailed pictures of how and what I am doing and will share with everyone.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Kevin

This was awesome! Thanks so much for posting this with the video. I think this fender eliminator will finish my bike!

I am like you. I have changed a lot of stuff on my street and have 3 boxes of all the stock parts including my handlebars, exhaust, seat, mirrors, etc...

Good tip about getting an extra fender to have the grim guard. I bet that will make the piece much sturdier as well. Please post your results after completion.

I think this will be a winter job for me.

mgg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevin

This was awesome! Thanks so much for posting this with the video. I think this fender eliminator will finish my bike!

I am like you. I have changed a lot of stuff on my street and have 3 boxes of all the stock parts including my handlebars, exhaust, seat, mirrors, etc...

Good tip about getting an extra fender to have the grim guard. I bet that will make the piece much sturdier as well. Please post your results after completion.

I think this will be a winter job for me.

mgg
Working on it now... stay tuned... :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and it started raining... was supposed to be nice out today.... Grrrrrrrrrrrr... halfway through to!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No duel mode equalizer installed the lights didnt blink that fast... I would even consider not installing it.

https://youtu.be/IF_NtBMOpMo

Once I put the front LEDs on I needed the equalizer... but just one needed for the fronts and the rears. I mounted it under the tank..

·
Registered
367 Posts
Any trouble removing any of the bolts from the rear? I have two that wanted to strip even with my foot long breaker, so I have backed off of doing anything to the heinous tail we have.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any trouble removing any of the bolts from the rear? I have two that wanted to strip even with my foot long breaker, so I have backed off of doing anything to the heinous tail we have.
Nope! No Problem at all! There was thread lock but... proper tools and a standard 3/4 socket wrench...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Size 6, my front two want to strip. Even tried "shocking" them loose. :-/ Looks like I'll have to ready myself for some drill and tap action in the future.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Size 6, my front two want to strip. Even tried "shocking" them loose. :-/ Looks like I'll have to ready myself for some drill and tap action in the future.
I heard nightmares but had no issues. I stand with the fender in between me and the bike so I am pulling into myself. I get less wobble on the allen heads that way.

( by freezing them I use Dr Scholls wart away ) I used that trick on hot summer days on my mustang and always worked.

·
Registered
156 Posts
FYI, just did my bike and the front two bolts DID strip. Had to drill them out. The back two loosened after hitting them with a hammer. Why they put Loctite on these I'll never know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts