Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bolted up a new reach seat i got from the online store and i dont like it i like sittin lower so thats why i bought it its lower alright, but it sits me forward too much so now its constricting the package area the padding is reduced or compacted enough that im feelin all the irregularities in the road that i never had with the oem seat so im gonna put the original back on tried to get em online but i guess nobodies there this time of the night 480 miles, decel popped once , couple of metal chips, or shavings as some people call them seen in the inside of the exhaust pipe when i changed out the new muffler next bike is gonna be a khk

·
Registered
231 Posts
bolted up a new reach seat i got from the online store and i dont like it i like sittin lower so thats why i bought it its lower alright, but it sits me forward too much so now its constricting the package area the padding is reduced or compacted enough that im feelin all the irregularities in the road that i never had with the oem seat so im gonna put the original back on tried to get em online but i guess nobodies there this time of the night 480 miles, decel popped once , couple of metal chips, or shavings as some people call them seen in the inside of the exhaust pipe when i changed out the new muffler next bike is gonna be a khk
Well, hence the name "Reach" seat, the "Tall boy" or the "Cafe Solo" seats, all serve a different purpose... Me being a shorter guy, 5'8" and 190 lbs, short, muscular and stocky with thighs of thunder is my middle name, my hand reach isn't the problem, it's always been foot placement and reach for my feet... Hard to follow exactly what you mean, but I have installed a reach seat (which I picked up a genuine one on eBay for $70) and I have nothing but praises for it, finally a seat that fits my body type and height... It only moves a 1.5" lower and 1.25" forward, but that is enough for me... The lower you are to the ground and center of gravity you will feel things more acutely and tine tuned... You lost me when you said decel popped once and shavings...

#1 Is this a genuine Harley Davidson Reach seat? (Part # 52000123)

#2 How tall are you?

#3 What exactly are the issues you are having with the seat itself compared to the original?

The tall boy seat, as one of my friends has on his 883, he is 6'1" so it suits him being taller obviously, so I can say its safe to say there is a height threshold as to who will benefit from each type of seat...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts