Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Does anyone have a suggestion what can be used to read the parameters. motorcycle engine. The device is connected to the 6 pin driver codec. Inexpensive device (FUELPAK FP3 is relatively expensive). Maybe you have some suggestions.
Greetings from sunny Poland

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
614 Posts
Vance & Hines makes the Code:REaD which is essentially a read only version of the Fuel Pack 3. It doesn't marry to a particular VIN like the Fuel Pack 3 does, so you can use it on multiple bikes.

Nexas makes their NexLink Bluetooth 5.0 Diagnostic Scanner for iPhone & Android & Windows which I don't know much about. It seems to depend upon third party software of your choice to determine which vehicles it works with. I'm not seeing Harley-Davidson listed on the product page, but maybe if you research the phone apps one will work.

You can try going online and doing a search at Google or Amazon for "motorcycle scan tool".

·
Registered
2017 Street Rod 750
51 Posts
Sometimes you can find a used FP3 online for cheap since it can't be married to another bike. Even if you can't marry it to your bike you can still use it like a code reader and see live data. Just have to make sure it's the 6 pin non carb version.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
614 Posts
That's great information to have. I didn't know the FP3 would work at all with a second bike.

That's "carb" as in California Air Resources Board. I have to wonder if that is important or not since we're just using the used FP3 as a reader and not trying to program?

·
Registered
2017 Street Rod 750
51 Posts
That's great information to have. I didn't know the FP3 would work at all with a second bike.

That's "carb" as in California Air Resources Board. I have to wonder if that is important or not since we're just using the used FP3 as a reader and not trying to program?
Yea I read that it was a function of the FP3 before I bought it, and decided to test it out after I tuned my bike and tried it on a buddies street glide. I was able to see live data on his bike and it worked exactly like a mini scan tool.

As far as whether he needs to get the non carb compliant or not just for code reading/live data I don't think would be an issue since he can't flash the bike, but I also don't know if there's any difference between US models and overseas models which is why I would lean more toward the non carb compliant just in case it has different parameters for reading info as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts