Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hope I don't blow too many bubbles here.

You'all talk about 3rd party support for the Street 500/750. Heck Harley doesn't provide much support for them. I can't buy a single accessory and/or part from either of my two local Harley dealers without them having to order them -- it is not cost effective to keep Street parts in stock.
Companies, like HD, have to see a return of profit and overhead to make sure they will make money, and if it's worth the effort of even starting in the first place.... And yeah, in part not only supply and demand, the XG series (500/750) are not in full swing yet as they are a new model, new ground has been broken with these, especially overseas, people forget that... And one of the dealerships by me has quite a few, sold quite a few, that of which I purchased my 750 from, and they have a ton of the accessories for the Street models, I only had to order the handgrips for mine, but everything else I changed, they had in stock... Give it sometime...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm working on a 2-1 full system for a company called stealth, here it is on my 2016

this looks like just what the doctor ordered, finally a real tangible performance upgrade for the Harley-Davidson XG500 & XG750 Street !

have an availability date and contact info available for the company?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Stealth is showing it on their website. I'd like to hear how loud it is and the gains it makes. I sent them a message asking if it fits the XG750A with the foot pegs being in a different location.

·
Banned
84 Posts
I can't possibly imagine wanting a performance upgrade on the 750. It is so powerful that I think it should come with a warning that it is for highly experienced riders only.

That being said, the new XG750R should only be sold as a pure "Race Bike". It is way to fast for anyone to use in anything other than on a closed course by trained racers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My street has gained a good bit of performance simply. I gutted the stock exhaust, installed a K&N intake, installed a DynoJet PowerVision, and updated my ECM. I whip around the ignorant traffic quickly, GPS checked top end at 115, and 0-60 in 4.2 (I'm not that good of a driver). After upgrading the shocks and installing those Stealth 2-into-1 exhaust (Eventually), I'm hopeful that the market will provide a larger CC increase and heavy cam so I can get more torque. By the end of 2018 I'm confident that mods will lighten the bike by 50+ pounds and new upgrades will get it where I want it.

Of course I'm new to motorcycles, but as much as I love my XG750, she is slower than I wish. Upgrades are a must. It's hard to find custom parts in the US, but like previous posts, I think more will become available eventually.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Stealth is showing it on their website. I'd like to hear how loud it is and the gains it makes. I sent them a message asking if it fits the XG750A with the foot pegs being in a different location.
Missed this post, did you get an answer Scooter?

At over a $ grand for the system in black and well over £grand by the time it arrived in the UK my interest is purely academic mind!

·
Registered
197 Posts
After 3 messages sent over a period of time I was finally given an answer. It does fit the SR. Not that anyone is going to find out at that price. There is ZERO info about the company in regard to product feedback.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Should'a got the Street Rod.
The Street Rod makes a lot more power than the Street 750, but ... it gives pretty much all of it back in terms of gearing. The Street uses a 15" rear tire, the Street Rod uses a 17". The net result is a taller final drive ratio, which results in that the Street Rod is just a tiny bit faster than a Street 750. I think a good Stage I Street 750 would probably outrun a stock Street Rod. If you could put the Street Rod's engine in the Street's chassis (or just drop the Street Rod's tire to 15") you'd have quite a quick little bike on your hands.

The only documented testing I know of is from Cycle World magazine, they tested both the Street 750 and the Street Rod (in different reviews) and posted the following numbers:

'17 Street Rod
0-60 4.5 seconds
1/4-mile 13.69 seconds
60-80 top gear roll-on: 5.9 seconds
HP: 64.2 @ 8740 rpm
Torque: 45.1 @ 4230 rpm

'15 Street 750
0-60 4.6 seconds
1/4-mile 13.69 seconds
60-80 top gear roll-on: not tested
HP: 57.6 @ 7955 RPM
Torque: 43.2 @ 3790

·
Registered
80 Posts
bought a xg... so you could "...doing my part to Make America Great Again by buying only American Products..."
I am under the impression the majority of material used in xg,s are indian origin. I may be wrong. I read the Bawal (Hero MC) parts are assembled in Kansas City.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t know if I’m dumb or not but since it’s 2020 and the whole world is coming to an end lol I was wondering if there was more things to do with 17 XG750A and if so I need the URL bc I wanna go fast haha

21 - 37 of 37 Posts