Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried and/or succeeded in replacing the rear tail section with a standard rear or bobber fender on a harley street 500??

·
Registered
491 Posts
Nice job on the looks of your 750. Looks better than the 883 sporty's. I'm working on putting 12 inch mini apes on mine. Did you get longer cables or where you able to use stock?

I'm guessing that you're going to take off that stock muffler bracket or mount some sort of swing arm bag there. The other mod I think you're going to do next is install forward front foot controls. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice job on the looks of your 750. Looks better than the 883 sporty's. I'm working on putting 12 inch mini apes on mine. Did you get longer cables or where you able to use stock?

I'm guessing that you're going to take off that stock muffler bracket or mount some sort of swing arm bag there. The other mod I think you're going to do next is install forward front foot controls. Just my 2 cents.

Yep in thailand atm gonna pick me up some forward controls from pock phd while in bangkok then i will be able to remove the exhaust bracket .. i have only got 8" mini apes didnt have to change the cables with them . Prob can go upto 9-10" without changing cables. Def would have to with 12" apes ( had to extend wiring put them inside bars )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm also very interested in the process you went through to install that sportster fender. Where did you order that fender and seat from?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeh had to cut the fender up a little bit.. and had to chop the rear frame of the bike. I got the fender second hand from my local hd dealer and the seat is a biltwell sporty 8 seat i ordered from revzilla

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thats a really neat job done there, I was looking forward to do something like this on my Street as well, as I dont like the rear end of the bike.
Is there a possibility to do this and with the long seating?

·
Registered
6 Posts
We had to cut off most the original rear fender frame. Added a used sporters fender that we buffed out and matched the color. Also, we applied sheet metal to the side of the new fender to hide the new wiring for the lights. As you can see i'm not using the stock lights, got smaller ones and also the obvious license plate to the side. As for the seat, we are using my old Softail Slim S stock seats which we cut down to fit the frame, took some padding off and it fit well. The seat lowered the sitting by about 2 inches ---along with the customized new shocks which lowered it another inch to the ground. So welding wise-just the sheet metal to the sides and when we cut off the tail of the stock fender we had to obviously make it smooth.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts