Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound like a strange topic but it is simply to answer a question that I have in my head.. I was wondering if anyone had an estimate to how much just to rear fender weighs... The reason that I'm wondering is the the company Free Spirits has something like a fender eliminator, only made out of fiberglass...

http://www.freespirits.it/en/products-hd/harley-davidson-street-fiberglass-taildet.html
So I was just curious how much weight loss you would get by replacing the stock fender with the fiberglass one.
Thanks

·
Registered
766 Posts
hello and welcome

the fenders are metal so I'd think the fiberglass one would be somewhat lighter.

there are other members here that have removed their rear fender and surely will be able to accurately answer your question

I'm sure they'll chime in with your answer :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
the metal fender itself isnt that heavy, its the plastic tail light setup that weighs a crap tonne more.
Will weigh it all when i can

·
Registered
147 Posts
the metal fender itself isnt that heavy, its the plastic tail light setup that weighs a crap tonne more.
Will weigh it all when i can
Agree, I had mine off last week - weights very little at all......not worth the effort

Fender Eliminator will have you the most weight

KH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts