Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else (particularly in Aus) notice that the nozzle for the air pump at service stations doesn't fit between the hub and the valve of the rear wheel, and therefore the rear tyre must be pumped at home?
Has anybody figured out a way around this?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just add a 90 degree valve stem adapter. Problem solved, especially if you're on the road somewhere requiring air.

Angled Valve Stems | eBay

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought 10 of them from china. Gave some to friends. I have one in my riding jacket pocket and another is bluetacked inside one of the plastic side covers on the bike.
Rightly or wrongly I don't leave it permanently attached, too scared it will fly off or affect wheel balance.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I Don't understand Why Harley didn't put a 90 degree valve in in the first place?? I have difficulty with mine when the Stem is not in the rearward position.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amazingly, the very next morning after posting that question (Christmas eve) I arrived at the train station to discover buses replaced trains most of the journey. Boo.
I knew the pressure in the rear tyre was low so didn't want to ride into work on it (60km).
Armed with the knowledge of what to ask for, I found a bike shop that was opened and picked one up.

I am going to figure out a way to connect it to a key ring.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the valve elbow extensions on all my bikes . I leave them there an have had no problem with balance or coming off. My XS1100 Yammy has had one on each wheel I bought her 15 years ago. If anything, that bike would have shown balance problems....but no..all good in the red zone in top gear :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts