Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Reason Behind Aggressive pricing for Harley-Davidson Street 750

11K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  apvkt 
#1 ·
Guys,

We wonder how HD managed to price HD Street 750 at price tag of 4.1 lakh.

India has been growing as a global sourcing base and the Street 750 has a very high level of content sourced from Indian suppliers. Parts like front forks, swingarm, body frame, cylinder head, engine parts, brakes and tyres, have all come from Indian manufacturers. It is, perhaps, the first time that such a high level of critical components is being sourced for any product by the 110-year-old company.

More details --> Aggressive pricing for Harley-Davidson Street 750 | Bike News | Bikes 500cc-800cc | Autocar India

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
yes I have read in interview of Mr. Anoop Prakash that lot of checks were done on various companies in past 3 yrs and then they were finalized.

HD says they have not at all compromised with the quality.

I kinda believe it as HD is known for its quality and commitment.

#7 ·
US Bikes will be made in US and for asia pacific Streets will be exported from India.

And all export models will have Michellin Tyres.

MRF are only for India.

But we should not worry about the quality of these as HD has done extensive research and approved companies only based on true quality and not cost/cost cutting.

#8 ·
This is a new trend in the industry. The big players are coming out with world bikes and building them in a few, select factories around the world, with certain factories servicing certain markets. There is a cost reduction in this trend and a new, higher quality standard at these new price points. HD must feel like they must get in on this trend, because it's the future for the industry.

I think HD's decision to try and source as much as possible from India for Indian-made bikes, with Indians being the primary consumers, is something that makes HD different than the other players. They don't simply go out and get bids and go with the lowest-priced supplier like Honda and Yamaha do. It has always been in their DNA and part of their image to come out with products sold in America, built in North America, including components as much as possible, which is a hard thing to do in a global market place. I think that with respect to the upcoming American-made Streets, they will have attempted to do the same here. They'll source as much as they can here and still be price competitive and still make a profit.

In the U.S., it's part of the reason so many people buy Harleys. Americans want an American-made bike that is also high quality and good value. I think that's what HD tries to do.

#11 · (Edited)
certain parts like fork/brakes I expect to be imported. Even the enfield continental gt 535cc which is priced 60% less has many imported quality parts like brembo brakes for example.

Personally I expect our industry capable enough to manufacture quality frames, seats and such but as far as engine component ,goes especially critical ones like engine head or piston , the supplier has to be a top notch one and I'm frankly not comfortable with the fact that they are indian made.

Harley will be first brand to release a made in india bike in that price range here , even honda which has strong presence and multiple mannufacturing lines in the market imports entire motors from overseas for its performance/high capacity machines. Same with kawasaki , suzuki etc .

#19 ·
I happen to be at the Auto Expo in Greater Noida this year on all the days and had chance to see and visit HD stall multiple times. All I can say is that the stock motor cycle and the custom ones all have top notch quality parts used.

As per industry trends and numbers, India is a growing and prominent market for most of automobile manufacturers this has resulted in improved quality from all the manufacturers across the range. HD will be exporting the street 750 from India so that is another reason for quality being good. HD could have chosen any country around the world to manufacture this bike but the have chosen India that again solidifies the fact India is import and India can deliver

#26 ·
I personally found the instrument/display to be of a premium quality though I can see his reasons for demanding a fuel gauge .

What I would like to know and which no one has touched on so far is if the bike has the diagonistic feature present in every other model . The one where it displays an error code in case of failure , comes in very handy for those without a service center in their city.

#28 ·
Speedometer Gauge Measuring instrument Auto part Vehicle

There is a feature of engine break down detection ,u can see in this pic just above the trip meter button there's a sign which tells u that but it won't display what exactly is the problem like other higher end harley bikes...
Next to that is the indicator for reserve fuel that's set for 2 liters...

#29 ·
View attachment 1417

There is a feature of engine break down detection ,u can see in this pic just above the trip meter button there's a sign which tells u that but it won't display what exactly is the problem like other higher end harley bikes...
Next to that is the indicator for reserve fuel that's set for 2 liters...
Right Santosh. . thanks for sharing this. .

however in other models like iron u get a error code on trip meter which u can decode with help of manual.

so wondering if we have these error codes in Street 750 as well?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.