Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the letter the dealers get, in my hast to post I quoted a wrong date for the parts to arrive, that will be from the 14th to the 18th on the first wave.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That is good news. I was about to file a complaint today when I lagged/leaped at a traffic stop. I'm taking my bike in Friday for the 1K maintenance. I'll mention this recall to them and see what they have to say!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the bad news this morning on my Street 500. I was all paid up and scheduled to take delivery of it this very Friday afternoon from the Dealership. The Dealer called me this morning and informed me of the Recall Notice and how they are legally obliged not to deliver Products with known safety issues. He said its looking as though replacement fuel pumps won't be delivered till mid-September, then they need to be fitted. I'm guessing I won't be delivered my new bike till end of September/beginning October. I was hoping to have it in time for The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride on September 27th ... small chance of that happening now :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got the bad news this morning on my Street 500. I was all paid up and scheduled to take delivery of it this very Friday afternoon from the Dealership. The Dealer called me this morning and informed me of the Recall Notice and how they are legally obliged not to deliver Products with known safety issues. He said its looking as though replacement fuel pumps won't be delivered till mid-September, then they need to be fitted. I'm guessing I won't be delivered my new bike till end of September/beginning October. I was hoping to have it in time for The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride on September 27th ... small chance of that happening now :(
That's a bummer. On the bright side, you will get a great bike without the horrid issue that we have experienced!

·
Registered
766 Posts
I've been told that good things come to those who wait.

this has been true for me many times.

it'll be worth the wait I'm sure.

stay busy focusing on other things, and that day will be here before you know it. sit around itching for that day, the wait will seem like forever.

that's been my experience.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the bad news this morning on my Street 500. I was all paid up and scheduled to take delivery of it this very Friday afternoon from the Dealership. The Dealer called me this morning and informed me of the Recall Notice and how they are legally obliged not to deliver Products with known safety issues. He said its looking as though replacement fuel pumps won't be delivered till mid-September, then they need to be fitted. I'm guessing I won't be delivered my new bike till end of September/beginning October. I was hoping to have it in time for The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride on September 27th ... small chance of that happening now
Get your bike or ask them to fo it first the kits are to arrive between the 14-18 plenty of time for your ride on the 27th it takes about an hour to do these pumps so you should be good for your event.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts